Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
517 Posts
"(it was with an Omoto CX 530 reel)"
I cast a 630 CX 160 yards and the synchronous level wind sounded like it was going to fly apart.
I'm sure Bob meant 530 CXS.

The 530 CXS holds enough line to compete in 100, 125, and 150 gram lead competitions.
The saying is "do not put more line on the reel than you intend to cast". Although there is more than one reason for using the least amount of line on the spool possible, a reason is that you can achieve better natural braking by minimizing the amount of line on the spool. As the line goes out, the level of the line on spool decreases. Therefore the the spool must spin more times per yard of lead travels. To enhance natural braking use thicker line, or less (shorter) line, or both. Using a narrower spool also enhances natural braking (line level on the spool decreases at a faster rate).
Types of braking:
Natural
Centrifugal (friction)
Lubricant
Magnetic
Wind Turbulence (nylon cog gears)

·
Registered
517 Posts
Don,

Are you affiliated with the Omoto distributer in Hawaii that I believe is named Don's?

I was looking at the Omoto site and it looked like USA was serviced out of the Hawaii dealership location.

Thanks

Garboman
Guilty as charged.

Came to Hawaii with the military in 1971. Married the love of my life in 1973 and have been here ever since.

What you will find on my website is rod wrapping thread and Chief reels. I do carry double hooks for local sales as well as SeaGuide guides for wholesale to shops.

Don

·
Registered
517 Posts
Hey Bob,

You got me. I really really need to update my website. Those links and services are out of date.

My last computer endeavor was to develop a billing service under Windows 10. It took a while, but has been very worthwhile. Every night the program runs at 1:00 AM and sends out reminders for bills not paid. The filter is not paid, and one of the following, 5 days before due date, due date, 10 days after due date.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.