Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
525 Posts
Yes. I have both, and everything is interchangeable. It’s the same factory and tooling. But if you’re looking at the Akios “AKS” line of aftermarket frames, those are actually for Ambassadeurs.
Actually 3 differences can be addressed.
Omoto Chief Xtreme - Single piece cage with stainless steel foot plate bolted to bottom of cage.
Akios Shuttle Sportcast - cast as aluminum piece consisting of cage and reel feet.
Akios AKS - Modification of Shuttle Sportcast to accommodate ABU sideplates.

Omoto advised me that the Akios one piece cages were designed to fit the ABU reel seats used on ABU poles. I asked if design consideration was given to the US use of Fuji reel seats. The answer was no.

Don

· Registered
525 Posts
I will be more direct.

I had problems with the Akios Shuttle cages and Akios AKS cages fitting Fuji reel seats.
Per Omoto those cages were designed to fit ABU reels seats. Perhaps those cages have been recently modified. (?)

I have not had any negative experiences with Omoto Chief, Omoto Chief Xtreme, or Akios LS cages.

Surely others will have differing experiences.

Never had an issue with Fuji reel seats used with small reels (Omoto Xtreme 530 CSX) through larger reels (Penn 114HL).
Checked a SeaGuide size 24 reel seat with the following reels. All had a very good and snug fit.
Omoto Chief Xtreme 530 CSX, Chief 6000 CTM, and Chief 7000 CTM.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts