Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any of you fine folk had a chance to put hands on the One More Cast Samauri? I'm looking for an interim heaver for the fall trip and didn't want to spend a truckload. I'm planning on building a 13' this winter for next season, but I may grab the Samauri while I'm out there in a week or so. Thoughts?

·
Registered
790 Posts
I have tested the 14', I liked it a lot, got some good distance, easy to throw ... but Too long for me so OMC made a 9' 4" custom with that tip and I like it alot, always on the front of my Jeep.

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was wondering about the 14' being a little long. Longest i've fished has been a 12'6 rod. I do like being able to use it casting or spinning.

I'll be up in Nags Head. Does anyone have them up there, or should I try the shops south?

·
Registered
790 Posts
OMC has the rod in 8'6", 9'4", 10'2", 11'6", 12'8" and 14' ...... Teaches Lair in Hatteras has the 14' and the 9'4" in stock ...

·
Registered
421 Posts
The 14' is a little long, but wasn't challenging to throw. 4 and bait goes a looooong way!
River what is the asking price on the 14'? I only use spinning reels, will that work or is it a conventional rod? What is the oz range 2-8, 4-8, 4-10? Thanks for your time to answer.

·
Registered
790 Posts
It retails at 199.00, its spinning or casting ... 2 to 8 oz .. I believe .. real sweet on 4 or 5 but throws 3 nicely .. I never threw over 5 on it ...

1 - 9 of 9 Posts