Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
720 Posts
Longranger, were you fishing near the tree on the beach at SPSP? If so, there's 2 swimming bouy out there. How far would you say the second one is away from shore? I just wanted to get a perspective of how far you cast :)

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Nice!

It was nice to see you guys out at SPSP. Beautiful night. I ended up with 2 croaker when I left about 10pm. So, how about some croaker recipes? I fileted the 2 I brought home and pan fried them. Very tastey! How do you usually prepare croaker?

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hi OldBay,
I came to get you and Kelly when the run started but you were gone. I didn't start catching until after 10pm and I stopped just after midinight. My first fish at 7:30 was lonely until the run started. I expected to go near empty until then. It just shows that you never know whats next.

Hi Wrong Way,
It very hard to judge distance over water. You can only guess based on knowing your cast on the field. I was not near the tree. I fished an offshore grass bed that holds crabs and fish. The best spot is 375+ feet out (i'm guessing). I also never fish more than 300-450 feet on the bay. If you were there last night then you know that the fish were fighting back. I normally start catching form 5pm on but last night I had to work for every fish. I assume that the people on the point did better. It was a good night to be out. This is my first year fishing SPSP on a repeated basis. I've always considered SPSP a very slow place to fish until this year. Either it has changed or I'm learning to fish it. If you'd like to meet up sometime at SPSP use my email address listed below. I'll be on the Outer Banks after Wednesday, so next week would be better.

·
Registered
2,568 Posts
Good to meet you guys!

Our final tally for the evening was 2 white perch, 7 croakers, and 14 spot. We fished from 6:30 to right after meeting you guys! We went to Romancoke first where my son"s Rhino pole was snapped by a cow nose that decided that he was ready to leave! I also hooked something out by the bouy that straightened a hook! We also caught two small stripers. A great day to be fishing. We also watched a man crabbing of the pier. He was catching Jumbo crabs! The same size ones I paid 40 bucks a dozen for:eek: Almost makes me want to invest in crab traps! See y'all on the water! :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts