Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OldBay,

Last night was a great night to be out fishing. I was using my lattern from Target and having a great time. That is what one says when they get skunked :( . Once the wind picked up, the bugs left. I can truly say that it was darn near perfect.
Last night, you had have your long game working. Unfortunately, mine was absent. I left about 12:00am. Lots of fish were caught, distance does matter. I was also using my new Solaris 12 footer. That is one sweet rod.

·
Registered
681 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw a bunch caught by other people.

·
Registered
571 Posts
Hi Wrong Way,

I offered him my fishing spot but the storm came in before he could move. I couldn't pay a fish to bite under 300 feet. All fish were caught over 300 feet out. I'm sure that there were plenty of fish in closer but I did not feel lie finding them. It was easier to reach in the bottom of the my tackle box and pull out a longer cast. Lavern, Carl and myself ended the night with a average of a dozen Croakers. It was slow night compared to previous trips. Aero993 was casting shorter than normal. I'm sure he'll be back in top form on the next trip. It was a great night to be out. The Bay was beautiful.

·
Registered
1,257 Posts
Nice!

Sounds like you guys had a great time out at SPSP. I am sorry I missed out. I wish I could figure out how to be in two places at the same time. Ever seen that movie Multiplicity? Ahh but I digress. Distance is key. I have only caught perch within about 75 yards of shore. All of the croaks are 100yards out. Its nice to return home with a full cooler!! :D Without the casting tips I got from you guys, I would probably be fishless at SPSP this summer. Thanks!:p

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.