Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just purchase a 12' Okuma Solaris and tested it out for the first time yesterday. It is a great rod, easy to throw, excellent control. It was a great purchase and I would like to thank everyone for the recommendation.

·
Registered
86 Posts
The Solaris looks to be Okuma's answer to the Tica UEHA. I did a google search on the Solaris and came up with very litttle info. Only found two sites worth while; the Okuma website and Digitaldagger, who doesn't list a price. You have to call them to get the price.

I would be interested in any info on the Solaris and any thoughts on how it compares to the Tica UEHA.

·
Registered
467 Posts
where was you Solaris purchased???

I was trying to find one but digitaldagger and the Okuma website dont show prices. how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?

MC

·
Registered
597 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yes it was $78 at DD.com and $10 for shipping. It is a surf spinning. It is a great rod. I can cast that thing so easily. I am already thinking of getting another one.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Dick's Sporting Goods also carries these rods. I don't know the price, but they carry several different sizes and give you a chance to check them out before you buy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
Dick's has them for about $100. A little more but there is no waiting. The one out in Loudoun just got a bunch of them in different sizes, nice looking rods.

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
wtrdog,

Dicks in Sterling, do they have assortment of saltwater tackle? I was thinking about going there during lunch since I work in Herndon. Maybe I'll stop by anyways... looking for circle hooks and few lures on sale... and 6oz lead... sports authority had 3 pack 5oz for 1.99, which is cheaper than walmart.

·
Registered
206 Posts
hey sorry for the late response. Dick's in sterling has some salt tackle, not much. Rods are hit or miss, just depends on what came in that week. Sports Authority in Cascades seems to have more tackle and heavier lead, up to 4-5oz. The biggest I could find at Dick's was 3oz.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Thanks LongRanger for the offer to try your Solaris. I'm afraid next Saturday is already reserved for my other passion. I am going to be a wine judge for the Maryland Governor's cup competition. I get to taste and score every commercial wine made in MD. It's a tough job...... :D

·
Registered
905 Posts
Longranger, so which rod do you prefer, the solaris or the tica. i'm thinking of purchasing a 12' Solaris or Tica.

fish-on

1 - 15 of 15 Posts