Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a family trip planned for Oak Island December 19-22. What will be biting? I'm planning on fishing the point and when you guys fish the point do you actually go all the way down to the end of the beach where the inlet is or do you just go straight out from the public parking near the point. Im planning on sticking to surf and inlets/creeks.

·
Registered
157 Posts
I have caught a keeper flounder in the past on Christmas day and also small trout on New Years. That being said, you probably have a better chance with puffers and black drum at that time of year. A lot of people fish right behind the parking lot, but I think you stand a better chance for a quality fish all the way out in the inlet.

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have caught a keeper flounder in the past on Christmas day and also small trout on New Years. That being said, you probably have a better chance with puffers and black drum at that time of year. A lot of people fish right behind the parking lot, but I think you stand a better chance for a quality fish all the way out in the inlet.
Thank you, I have been wondering about whether we should go all the way to the inlet or straight out from the parking lot for a long time.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts