Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
983 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just got myself a PENN Long beach #68 for cheap, this baby holds 400yds of 50# mono and has a drag like a wench, problem is i took it appart to clean it up real good, (after puttin it back together)(iv dissassembled and deep cleaned several penn reels) i went to test it and found that when you apply any pressure and try to reel in, the gears almost seem to miss catch every once in a while and you will turn the handle without the spool turning, or if you just rear back with the rod to test the drag, sometimes the drag works fine but again, every once in a while the reel will just spit out a bunch of line...........now i thought it was the anti-reverse pin not catching, say maybe the spring came out of place or somethin like that so i took apart the gear face again, there wasnt a thing wrong with it, everything was in its correct spot............so im lost :confused: anyone have any words of wisdom as to what it might be? this is a good tough reel and i would hate to have to shelf it cuz i cant trust it to work right.......any help would be grea, thanks guys

tight lines and God bless :fishing:

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.