Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,

Fished OI North Point up to Coquina all day Friday, great weather but didn't catch any fish. Did see 2 strippers caught about 1/2 mile south of the ramp. One looked to be 30" or so, the other was smaller. Around dusk the front started to move thru and the weather went to Hello in a hurry.

Saturday same locations, wind was blowing 20-30 and impossible to hold bottom between the current and wind. The front muddied up the water and grass got bad. Didn't see but 1 skate caught all day.

This morning, got up and was on the beach at first light, saw ton's of birds working within casting range but nothing under them. The wind had laid down some overnight but the water was still muddy and sea grass was a problem. Started to have 4 wheel drive problems so we got off the beach. Turns out it looks like its time for a transfer case rebuild :-(

Anyway, it was great to be on the OBX for a few days but it really hurts to know you got skunked on a 3 day fishing binge!

Tight Lines & Good Fishin...
Hooter

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Hooter, thanks for th report. Glad ta know I wasn't th only one that got skunked down there this weekend.

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
More doggies huh? When I heard ya come in an hr. or so later than ya said ya was bagging it I thought I made a mistake in not bringing my gear out there. ;)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts