Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I saw more Ohio plates in the OBX than any other state. What's the deal? I asked one guy and he said it wasn't some huge frat party or anything, just that the OBX is very popular in OHIO. ?????????

·
Registered
472 Posts
The place I stay in Corolla, belongs to my wifes sister and brother-in-law from Ft. Wayne, Indiana. They drive 2 days each way in order to go there, and don't even fish!!! Go Figure.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
I think PA beats them all.

I live by the 'bypass' (aka new toll road) in Chesapeake and get stuck in traffic every Saturday by OBX vacationers. I see more PA plates than any other.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I should specify HI

I saw a lot of PA plates in Duck and Corolla and Kitty Hawk.

But Hatteras was practically Ohio all over again.

By the way, I just drove home from the Norfolk airport on rt 13 (bay tunnel) to the eastern shore. That is a very enjoyable road.
Pricey though.

·
Registered
193 Posts
A word of caution to out of state tourists coming to the island.
Passing on the right has gotten a high priority here and you will be given a ticket if caught. Was behind a Jersey clown that did it it front of the comfort inn, and hit a girl on a bike. And besides it is a state wide law, then; on the other hand traffic laws here are a joke to most tourists. With a new sheriff off island, and more complaints than ever by locals, you will be given tickets.

·
Registered
823 Posts
I HEARD THEY EVACUATED OHIO

and i think they sent em here! more ohio folks at topsail than you could shake a stick at

1 - 6 of 6 Posts