Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Kyle and hit the water today and headed the yacht South out of CB inlet towards Fort Fisher to look for some ledges and grey trout.

It was alomost instantly during the first drop on the first number we stopped at on the handheld GPS that fish started biting. We estimated we hit the century mark after about an hour or so since we had ten fish in the first couple minutes. Being the sportsmen we are, we bent the barbs of our hooks after about twenty minutes to help with hook releases.

The first few drifts were the best and things got slower after each run back to the lower side of the ledge. Once on top of the ledge we started hooking up everytime.
There was not a lot of big fish. We only kept a few that were much bigger then the 12 inch size limit. We lost some bigger fish as well due to the barbs being bent. It was still fun though to get some pullage.
After a while longer we moved and looked elsewhere but the bite had quit about 3:30.

·
Registered
566 Posts
See any tuna jumping or any birds going off?

·
3,775 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
nope, I saw birds working yesterday in two different places. One spot way off of Fort Fisher. The other was really close to the drum hole (Wink) but I didnt walk over there.

We looked for birds today but couldn't find any. Believe me about where my thoughts were at though....It was this time last year.....

·
Registered
209 Posts
Nice work...I've been trying to hunt down some grays this year, but without boat access I always seem to get to where I can reach them, ohhh, about a day late! lol

1 - 5 of 5 Posts