Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all.....had to cancel my trip for this past weekend to norfolk...but will be able to go again in october.....so i wanted to know how is the fishing from the piers and surf.....???? what can i catch??? whats in season....any info would be much needed help...thank you all!!!!

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
If you can try Grandview on Halloween

the striper fishing in the past has been very good. Good Luck.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
The yellow bellies should start or is showing up-Blood worms

The puppy drum are slowly turning up on the surf-I usually use a Crolina rig with a long piece of squid ,and reel it it nice and slow,the pups are usually in close for a free meal.For the bigger ones I have used blue crabs,sand fleas and hole live finger mullet.

Pompano(especially if the weather stays warm and the seas are glassy-Never caught them on artificals,but they caught them on small butter-bean spec rigs at Harrisons last week.I have always caught them on sand fleas

Pig fish are every where-Some people call them Grunts.Use small hooks with anything on them-they will devour anything

Blow toads have invaded my honey hole.like pig fish they will devour anyhing from squid,cut bait,a gold hook.don't be deceived about this ugly lookin Puffer-they are good eating.Cut the head by where their front fins are,pull the skin off and you have a perfectly good drum stick...just batter and fry.Get some Bud-Lites and call me over for dinner...YummY!

Croakers should still be hitting like a bat outta hell.I have not caught them as steadily as previous weeks but I know there are still around.

Well I have given you as much as I know.
I am out...Tight Lines and good luck!

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hey Nserch4Drum thank you very much for the info.......i cant wait to get down there......tight lines

·
Registered
291 Posts
I will be down around columbus day. I have always had good luck then. Heres the trick.

Fish lynnhavnet inlet till you drop, i fish duck inn side then. During the day an hour before high tide its all the specks you want in front of duck inn. Use a green grub red head and drag it slowly on the bottom. If you can get some live bait or cut bait and can get it there realllll good then you might want to try that for a striper or two. Then at night wade out a little by the bridge and either cast between the light pole and the bridge on the inlet side and at the 3rd and 4th piling on the ocean side. For stripers then i use a 1 1/2 ounce white jighead pinkeyes with a pink fluke killer made by zoom. That sh ould do the trick right there. Last yeaer i caught loads of specks medium reds and stripers doing that.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
thanks fishnkid sounds like fun.....i might be able to head down there on the 19th but not sure yet...???tight lines

1 - 7 of 7 Posts