Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
929 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well long story short went out throwing gotcha plugs for my striped friends . Long and behold I hooked up on a nice slot fish with a gotcha plug .. Well let's just say I really know why they are called gotchas plugs now .. While Taking him off the hook he went hulk style on me and hooked my middle finger with the gotcha . I was like [email protected]$erf#$$er. With one treble hook in his mouth the other in my finger and him going hulk style wasn't a fun date to say the least . good thing was I had to other buddies there to assist thank god.,and a pair of pliers . I ended up having to push the rest of the Treble hook through my finger and had to cut the barb off. While in the process of playing doctor my fish found his was back to water somehow . so I lost a nice fish and got to experience the famous gotcha plug All in a matter of 20 minutes ... Well after all that the Next three cast I hooked up and lost all three fish , at thus time my finger has it own heart beat . was time fur me to call it quicks with one last cast and with luck on my side I got to keep one slot striper...seemed like nothing was in my favor that night...

·
Registered
22 Posts
That sucks somethin major. I have had my moments of brief stupidity that lead to personal injury and the clean-up and recovery is never fun. Thats why I now keep a first aid box in the truck. May not be able to prevent injuries sometimes but you can plan on what to do in case they happen. This is especially true if you fish alone like I do. Hope you heal up fast and stay after'em.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts