Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished along the beach and between the jetties from 7a - 11a this morning. A little rain early for about 20 minutes, then just cloudy.

Tagged / Released 15 flounder (10" to 16") all on, no not on Cajun Croaker, all on, no not on Electric Chicken, all on ... Opening Night ... that's mauve over clear/sparkle Saltwater Assassins.

That brings the tagged total to 299 for the year. I saved the number 300 fish for Kimoslobby to catch when we go Monday.

Thanks to Fishin' Ed, Larry-The-Eye-Guy, Flounder Pounder and entourage, Spiderman Eric and Kimoslobby for getting me to 299 so quickly this year. The goal is now to tag/release 600 flounder by November.

One "dead-horse" bad-note; how can I fill up a 50 lb onion sack of garbage on Friday AM, and then go back on Sunday AM and fish in the same area, and fill up another one?

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
824 Posts
Thanks Jake for the excellent report. How is this lure rigged and fished? What weight?What size line? Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1/4 oz lead head, or 3/8th in deeper/harder moving water, or 1/8th in shallow, grassy-slow moving water.

I've used Chartreuse heads mostly, but white worked well last week one day too.

That's all on 8lb line with a 7-foot rod and a Shimano 4000 series reel. So it's pretty small stuff compared to what you normally see on the surf. But it works.

Throw the lure out into the oncoming water, depends on whether the tide is incoming or outgoing as to which direction you cast, and let the jig drift, while you simultaneously bounce it along the bottom slowly.

I usually tip the jig with squid or shrimp, or crab, or fish strips, whatever I have on me that day.

But my fishing friend, Kimoslobby, doesn't like to yucky up his hands, and he catches as many as I do with no tasties on the hook.

THROW MOST / MORE / SOME / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

1 - 3 of 3 Posts