Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, Jake let me catch #300, then proceeded to smoke me. We tagged/released 21 flounder, bringing Jake's total to 320 for the year. I got four taggers with a recapture from several weeks ago on a Hybrids paddletail (color: Keylime). Jake got the remainder on his new favorite, Opening Night assasin.

If either of us would learn how to set the hook, we could have had about 10 more. At one point I lost three in a row within spitting distance of the beach, naturally drawing the ire of Jake (not to mention some pointed jabs concerning my manhood, my hairline, and my ever-expanding waistline). Thankfully, the fishing Gods are a fickle lot, and Jake proceeded to lose four straight, allowing me to expound upon HIS Michelin-man appearance, and his utter lack of grace and composure on display the few times something tried to make off with one of our staked bottom rigs.

All said, it was a good trip.

·
Registered
515 Posts
Thaaaaat's nice.

Yes, it's true that Corporal Cellulite and Leuitenant Lardbutt struggled to gain firm footing in the sand whenever the bottom rods rigged with cut mullett and peeler started screaming.

I was extremely graceful while spinning my feet in the sand trying to get from my cooler perch over to the rod that was about to jump from the holder into the drink.

But that's nothing compared to Kimoslobby, who covered a whopping 4-feet in the sand from his spot to the bottom rod in just under 25-seconds.

He would've done better with a towncar to draft behind.

THROW MORE / SOME / ANY / MAYBE A FEW BACK

Jake Ace

·
Registered
830 Posts
Hey Kimo and Jake

Put circle hooks on those spike rods and the fish will hook himself. Works great for old fat men like me. Plus you will very seldom gut hook a fish for easy release.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts