Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
100 Posts
Give it a try

throw every thing you got from the surf to the end you,ll catch some fish. just playing, specks and stripers should be there, just target those,and hope for the oddball! got to be a pup or two still around there.

·
Registered
2,467 Posts
Until I called them after I saw your post, I thought they were closed for the season. The only experience I have at Ocean View has been during the warmer months. It's built over the old Harrison's Pier, and the structure can make for a decent flounder bite. When I was younger I fished the old pier (Harrison's), where Ocean View Pier is built now. Back then I caught lots of bottom fish; puppy drum, spot, croaker, etc. during the spring, summer, and early fall. I just called them, and their open for the next week or two. According to them their catching some stripers, but Ocean View wouldn't be my personal choice right now. Hopefully some of the other P&S family can chime in with more info.. If you do decide to go, maybe try cut mullet/menhaden, Spec rigs with 4" gulp trailers, bucktails, bucktail with gulp trailer, plain jig head with gulp trailer, etc.. My favorite contrasts are blue/white, white, or chartreuse, but I use countless others as well. Again, I haven't fished OV Pier this time of year, so hopefully somebody more knowledgeable than me will chime in. You can call the pier and take the advice with a grain of salt. I'd personally wait until you had some more intel though.

Phone# 583-6000

Web Address:

http://www.oceanviewfishingpier.com/

Good Luck.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts