Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My mental striper log told me that the 1st blitz(s) I got last year were in ocean view between little creek and the spit, so on monday I drove along ocean view making periodic stops to look for birds, well,... at the beaches around micks pancake house and ocean view water sports I found em, and they were hitting good, I had a hopkins on, which was working good, but not great. would have got more if I put on a storm, but hey that takes time. The birds and fish were thick, and at one point I was standing in waste deep water casting back toward shore as a school moved inbetween me and the beach, total fish caught 7, 3-4 pulloffs, the biggest was 28" and 8.5lbs, the other that I kept was about 25-26", all the rest were 22-24 in range. this was between 3-5 pm , the school disipated at dark. I would expect a repeat performance again soon in that same area,,,but when?????

·
Registered
2,255 Posts
Nice outing!! If the wind would quit blowing we might get a chance to do the same in many different locations. This cold turn in the weather should definately heat things up!!

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Thanks for th report rockhead, looks like its time to load th waders an cooler into th work van for some lunch time scouting.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
But why did you wait sooooo long to post this? :)

What was the tide doing? Did you park right at the watersports lot? I'm sure they're closed and parking wasn't an issue.

Nice report and glad you got into them.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts