Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got the Bass Pro flyer in the mail today. The Ocean Master Surf Rods will be $40 off ($59.99 - 79.99) starting October 1 - 27. Just a heads up. :cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
No and yes

The sale is only at the Arundel Mills store from what I understand. BPS is a little shady about their pricing when it comes to the mail order, internet, and store prices. They use a disclaimer that prices may vary between the "entities", your not guaranteed the circular price thru the catalog/internet and vice versa.

It should include all Ocean Master surf rods.

regular price 99.99 - 119.99
-$40
sale price 59.99 - 79.99

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=38525&hvarTarget=search

http://www.basspro-shops.com/servlet/catalog.TextId?hvarTextId=38524&hvarTarget=search

the links do not show the smaller rods under 10', but they are the lowest priced.

·
Registered
87 Posts
Just got back from BPS - picked up the 11' spinning OM surf rod for $69.99.

Looks like it is well made - good guides, handle, etc. Felt as good as the Loomis I played with that was almost 4X the price. Can't wait to get it wet.

I am pairing it up with my $59.99 Okuma Epixor baitfeeder from SA - the two have a nice balance.

Incredible setup for under $135!!

This afternoon BPS still had a good selection - had about 4 - 10', 6-11' and 6-12' OMs on the rack.

·
Registered
720 Posts
Those rods do look pretty nice and you can't beat those prices. Sadly enough, I have spent enough this year on new gear. Next year might be a different story though :D

·
Registered
3,746 Posts
I just hope they have good prices when the fishing season is over. That is when I do all my restocking and buying new gear. Have to do something when you can't fish.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
597 Posts
It is a great deal and for that set of rods it is unbelieveable. I called the store and had them ship a 12' and 10' for $155. Normally you would pay $245 easily.

·
Registered
720 Posts
How does this rod compare to the Tica and Tsunami rods? It seems that everyone is raving about those but I'd like to know how they compare to Ocean Masters.

·
Registered
597 Posts
I am not sure because I have only seen them in action. I have a okuma 12' rod and I can throw only 8 oz with that one. I like the OM because the 12' is rated for 6-12 oz and it is strong and very stiff. Great for those 8 and bait situations. I have found I can throw the stiffer rods much further and easier. That is my reasoning for purchasing these two.

·
Registered
2,263 Posts
Man that make's me wanna go back there and buy one. I just dropped 160 there the other day. BTW there is also a 15% discount for all military personnel.
-Anthony

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I just bought one too 12' 6oz- 12oz casting only $80 this is my third OM there worth they weight in gold. i'm going to the "peake " to try it out tomorrow.:D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
OUCH

I want one.
But since I never get to go fishing, what's the point?
I haven't been fishing in forever.
Too dang busy.

·
Registered
206 Posts
i got one of the 12' casting rods 6-12oz, all they had when I was there last Sunday was 4 after I picked up mine. I was out casting last night and 6oz feels like nothing on the rod at all. Definately has some backbone.

·
Registered
12 Posts
casting vs spinning OM rods?

HELLO!

What's the diff between the OM "casting" rod series and the OM "spinning" rods? casting are stiffer?

I'm a pier fisherman looking to also branch out to the surf.... might buy a 9, and 10 for the pier and get a 12 to combine with the 10.

for the 12 ft, definitely get the 6-12 oz rated one?

Any other insights on the OM rods appreciated! I'm buying sight unseen but value all the praise they get here!!

thanks!
james

1 - 20 of 26 Posts