Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:( Got all excited just as I got home here comes my new OM 12' rod! Opened the tube and the top half butt end has a 3" section broken out! @%$&#. Now to send it back after I got all ready to try it out. Bass Pro has a great return policy but dang it I was ready to give it a try. Just one of those days...

·
Registered
80 Posts
I know the feeling. My 12' OM Cape Point from Sprtsrcr in daytona just came in 2 days ago and UPS must have dropped the tube hard and completely wrecked the fuji tip on the end. Taking it to Fishsticks4u (Scott) tomorrow to start the repair. Larry has been very frustrated dealing with those pricks at ups:mad:.

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
This was sent USPS and it looks like they tossed it like a spear and damaging the end. I did note the tube didn't have any thing but tape on the end so the rod wasn't well protected against tossing it. They need to put some foam or something in the end to stop it from shifting end to end.

·
Registered
191 Posts
I've had similar results with rods shipped from BPS, Cabela's, and others. I've had rods damaged by both UPS and the Postal Service. The bottom line is if the rod is packaged poorly, the odds of it being damaged go way up. On the other hand, I've never received a broken rod that was well packaged. I ordered a 6nbait from Tommy that was so well protected, King Kong couldn't have torn it up.:D

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Update: Called BPS last week to find out where the new rod was. They gave me a credit for the rod and shipping. I just wanted a new rod :( So I ordered the rod again and it got here Tuesday after I ordered it on Friday! Wow that was fast! Got it set up and will break it in at Oak Island this weekend. Did I just say "break it" in??? I mean use it.....:D ,Dave

·
Registered
97 Posts
My OM CPS came with the tip broken off. They were real good about the return and getting me another. I've had that thing for a few years now and fished the heck out of it with no problems.. How they manage to break them in the shipping tube amazes me.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.