Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Decided to take a trip down to OC to see if I could get some Tog pullage with my GF. We stopped at Bev's and couldn't get sand fleas :bang: so we tried green crabs for the first time. We got plenty of bites on those to our surprise - and we didn't have to deal with the hoards of baby sea bass. Within the first 10 mins of being there, my GF pulls in a 14.5". I didn't know the regs :bang: and told her we should throw it back. Another 10 mins later and she pulls a 16" over the rail. We threw him on ice and I started asking around for the size limit. I felt dumb when I found out it was only 14". Oh, well. Half our or so later and she pulls in another 14" keeper. After that we caught several throwbacks, including one very tiny one. It was a great trip and the GF is cooking the freshly filleted tog as I type this. Enjoy the pics!

Highlights:

* Tog pullage
* No sea bass
* Beautiful weather
* Caught some keepers

Lowlights:

* Sunburn
* Expensive bait
* Lost a LOT of rigs to the snag monster
* Bought too much bait - gave away about $10 worth of green crabs

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
Nice report and pics

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Nice pullage. Green crabs are the bait of choice for tog up here.

·
Registered
165 Posts
nice report.... may get out that way some day myself. What is th name of this wall you are fishing? what pier is that in the background.... great quality pics by the way....

fis b8

·
Registered
392 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Its just a bulkhead between 2nd and 4th street, on the bay side. The "pier" you see in the background is actually the Route 50 bridge from mainland into Ocean City. You can fish off that too as there is a walkway that runs the length of the bridge on both sides.

Thanks - the pics were taken on a Fujifilm FinePix Z1 and shrunken 75% from the original 5MP

·
Registered
2,242 Posts
nice job sounds like a great time. perfect weather. Bad thing with TOGS, they love them snag monsters.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts