Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Got down to the Rt 50 bridge about 1:45 am Thursday morning. Nobody there. Tide was still coming in slowly. Fished the remainder of the incoming with Sassy shade type swim baits with no luck. Then the tide turned, flipped sides and picked up a 28", 25" and 23". (threw back the 25 and 23 :))Then nothing else. Got some sand fleas and green crabs and tried our luck with the tog. Wind picked up but the tog bite didn't. MD DNR stopped by and said he only saw 6 fish caught all day. When we stopped by Harbor Tackle and spoke with Bev she said we were lucky we caught 3. One other fisherman was with us early Thursday. He knew the bridge well. Used a tandem set up and caught 9 but no keepers. Wind was progressively worse during the day. Checked the jetty and they weren't having much luck either. My buddy and I spent a tough 12 hours on the water. Water is really dirty right now, need some calm days to clean it up and the fishing will get better. :fishing:Greg

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry if I didn't make that clear but that's where we picked up the rock fish. Fished the bulkhead for Tog but saw a few fishing the bridge for Tog before we left.

·
Registered
143 Posts
hmmm... i been to the rt50 bridge few times during summer, but didn't really catch anything but small seabass and flounder.

the bridge is pretty high up, how do u manage to reel a 3-5lb striper up that high?

and where do you park?

thanks in advance

·
Registered
1,306 Posts
To get any decent fish up the bridge, you have to have a bridge net, you can buy one at pretty much any tackle shops down there. Its a lare hoop net with about 50' of rope so you can lower it down and guide the fish in and then hoist it up. 3-5 lb striper? Try one thats 14 or 15 lbs. You can find them pretty big around the bridge certain times of the year, Like Now!

·
Registered
142 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Picked mine up at Gander Mtn for $29.00. 36" with 100 ft of rope. I park in the Municipal parking lot next to the 7-11. :fishing:Greg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts