Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Heading to OC this weekend and was wondering if anyone had recommendations for a boat/captain to link up with - looking for a 3-4 hour morning trip. Should I just fish the bay on such limited time or will I be able to get out on the Atlantic?

Thanks,
Irie

· Registered
1,033 Posts
Look into the ocean Princess, or the Angler.
Both used to run 1/2 day trips in the summer, but honestly, I haven't kept up on them.
I would pick up, or read on line, The Coastal Fisherman freebie newspaper, and check the ads.

· Registered
978 Posts
Bay Bee for 1/2 day flounder in Assateauge Bay. $30 a day. 4hrs
Ocean Princess and Angler for full day day offshore wreck fishing for seabass and flounder. Around $85 per day, 8 hrs.
Seabassing has been pretty good. Best eating fish in the sea.

OH yeah ... Capt. Monty's Morning Star full day seabass. He's an awesome skipper. $125 a head. He will get you on to fish....guaranteed.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks for the recommendations all. Got tied up with family activities all weekend so I ended up going on the Calico Jack from Back Bay Adventures Monday morning. Only a 2.5 hour trip but they made the most of it. We hit about 6 locations on the bay, we fed lots of crabs but I managed to catch 2 flounder and a small ray. I also hooked a monster ray that would have taken some time to reel in and disrupt the rest of the fishing so the first mate just cut my line. I think 6 keepers were caught total on the trip. Good times. Next trip to OC I'll try to get down with Capt. Monty for a day trip.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.