Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
349 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
well my brother in law, my 2 nephews and myself went down to OC friday nite, got there bout 11:30 and tryed throwing some lures to no avail, no one was on the bridge fishing, the inlet was kinda busy but no one was catching. about 12:30am we decided to go to Roaring Point, got there about 1:30, caught about 10 hardheads between 2:00 and daybreak then it was like a switch and they shut off, was very windy like 30-40 mph all nite right in your face, had to hold poles to feel the bite and they would still rob the bait. after daybreak we decided to go back to OC for some Tog, started fishing about 8:30 and the bite was slow, managed to get 1 keeper about 15 inches and 3 throw backs, a toadfish and a pair of mating horseshoe crabs, stayed til about 6 with no bites between 3 and 6, decided to head back out to Roaring Point, got there about 7:30 after getting some food and coffee cause we are now going on no sleep after working all day friday and fishing nite and all day, now the wind is blowing like 40-50 mph still right in your face, we threw 2 poles out and caught 1 fish between 7:30 and 10, decided to give it up and go home cause it seemed like the wind wouldnt quit, must have been 300 poles in the water and no one was catching anything, couple guys that were there saturday morning were catching small spot on peelers. all in all we had a fun time and were very tired.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.