Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hiya guys...well, I had a pretty major surgery on my right knee (replacement) last april, and now that I even am BIGGER (in girth that is), I'm ready to start re-habbing and getting some of my 'life' back-in other words, I'm eager to start hitting the planks again (I think).

I've been enjoying the majority of posts made here from all y'all. and pleased to hear about some awesome catches made by veteran and newbies alike. Believe me, I've been yearning just to even WATCH others throw their eight and bait while I toss my gotchas and keep learning. I was able to find a heaver in a garage sale just before I had my knee/back really begin to mess me up, for 20.00 bucks. Nothing fancy, but I nailed three sharks with it before being laid up...*reminisces*.

My wife has a week b4 going off to summer school; so we're going to the OBX (Nags Head) next tue-thur. Whaddya hear about the fishin' down there, fellas?

Doad

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Hey Doad, good ta hear from ya. Haven't got any specific info fer ya but th cobes are heading north.There have been a few spanish at Hat so ya never know. Good luck an hope ta see ya on Sea Gull. :)

·
Super Moderator
2,093 Posts
good to hear you're back on your feet again.

I'd focus on sea mullets and pompano in close if your on the beach. Also, a big bait out for something large.
If you plank it, be ready for some spanish early and late. Also, a big bait out for something large.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Hey Cdog...hope to be out there one o' these days; thank you for your time in giving me the heads up and all 'bout big brown, but I'm still gonna try if I can handle it. Might hit the 'Miss Hatteras' for one day or something, too!

Tight lines,

Doad.:)

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Back...

Well, it wasn't idyllic down there this week as it did rain pretty hard on and off during the day on Tue. and Thursday, but Wednesday-?-it was fabulous. No headboats doing any inshore fishing, since the tourists that were there were intimidated by the forecasts.

Got out on Frisco twice; didn't need any type of assistance (crutches, chair, walker, etc!), but it was pretty slow on H.I. pier. Went to Avalon yesterday and couldn't keep the spot off the hooks. Bloodworms were the hottest, but squid worked fine as well. Some pretty big pigfish in the mix too. Oh yeah-one night, just before twilight on Frisco pier I saw a huge fin and the body of a large fish-shark-cobe-fish just STREAK toward the end and under the pier. If it was a mirage, it was the most realistic one I've ever had. :D I don't think a Dolphin would go between the pilings like that; earlier that day, saw another big splash and swirl with a tailfin disappearing in the breakwater just out of casting range; had to be Mr. Brown.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts