Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, I'm going to Kittyhawk in mid April and I'm looking for some info on what might be biting from the piers and surf. I would also like to know what type of rigs and bait to use. I do have two 12' XH Uglystick conventional surfrods with Squidders I use for king anchor rods, will this be OK or are they too heavy? I plan on fishing Avalon at least one day and taking the kids riding on the beach another day (of course I will be stopping to wet a hook). We will be staying on the sound if there is anything biting there I would be interested in this too. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Should be a good time to be at the Banks. It is near the end of the sounds striper season for the spring. The trout are normally in and can be picked up from the piers and from the bridge catwalk. I will be in Nags Head Cove the week of the 14th. Drop me a note and maybe we can hook up for a day on the sound. I will have my 21 footer down there for the week.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hello all, If your looking to try a pier in Southern North Carolina visit Ocean Crest Pier. It's located on Oak Island, NC. South of Wilmington . It's a great place to fish for , King Mackerel ,Trout, Flounder, Black drum, Sheephead , Cobia etc. Opens Mid March
the trout will be running the beach front as well the black drum. Updates posted often at www.oceancrestpier.com. ...Dave...OCP Manager

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.