Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello Everyone, I am looking for some info on OBX in mid april. I am going down for a family trip but I would like to wet a line while there. I would like to take the kids riding on the beach one day to do some surf fishing and I plan on fishing Avalon pier another. I've never fished OBX and have done very little surf fishing. Any info that anyone can give me on what should be biting and proper set-ups would be appreciated. I do have a couple 12' anchor rods I use for kingfishing that I can cast 400'-450', will this adequate for the surf? Thanks in advance. :confused: :confused:

·
Registered
2,214 Posts

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
I do have a couple 12' anchor rods I use for kingfishing that I can cast 400'-450', will this adequate for the surf? Thanks in advance.
Uh yeah that will do fine. ;) As far as rigs ya want ta use 8oz of weight with a fish finder rig.Cut bunker ie Menhaden or mullet fresh for bait.Best idea is stop in tackle shop an ask ???'s.Hatteras Island south should be good.Th point if ya like fishing in crowds.

·
Registered
668 Posts
i start live baiting in mid april. but everything depends on the water temp. if the water is below 65 good chance you wont see anything but skates and small sharks.

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Thanks everyone for the info and advice. These are some great sites. I'll leave a post when we get back to update everyone on what, if anything is biting.

Thanks again,
Todd

1 - 8 of 8 Posts