Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm headed to Oak Island (house is 4 blocks from Yaupon Pier) the third week of January, having a tough time finding a local bait and tackle shop online. Looking for a place to buy supplies and hoping for some local reports. Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks in advance.

·
3,775 Posts
there may be some small bottom fish around. Im not sure of tha tackle shops around there this time of year. There is one next to the airport but cant remember if they stay open year round or not.

·
Registered
123 Posts
hey

you can try dutchman creek here is the phone number
910-457-1221

once you get on the island there is a bait and tackle shop on the main road on your right not to far down from the intersection. and the last time i was there this year, there is a exxon gas station its called wagoneers beach bait and tackle. but that is all i remember, other than ocean crest pier

gasman

·
Registered
157 Posts
The tackle shop on the right just as you come on the island is Oak Island Sporting Goods and it was open this past weekend. I didn't notice if Dutchman's Creek at the airport was open. The last time I went to Waggoner's they were selling out all of their tackle so it may be closed.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.