Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello fellow fisherman. If you had to choose between Oak Island or Carolina beach this coming Saturday where would it be? I sure would like to get into some pretty sea mullet.

·
Registered
136 Posts
I fished Kure Beach pier last Saturday and cleaned 40 whitting and 3 toads. Threw small blues and skates/rays/dogfish back. Had a friend on Oak Island (not fishing) that said he saw no one fishing. Kure is closed for the season but opened the gate for fishermen to fish free. Shrimp seemed to catch more than fishbites clam flavor. Wished I had brought a ski mask and a flea rake. Might be back down Friday if live webcams show action Thursday.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I fished Kure Beach pier last Saturday and cleaned 40 whitting and 3 toads. Threw small blues and skates/rays/dogfish back. Had a friend on Oak Island (not fishing) that said he saw no one fishing. Kure is closed for the season but opened the gate for fishermen to fish free. Shrimp seemed to catch more than fishbites clam flavor. Wished I had brought a ski mask and a flea rake. Might be back down Friday if live webcams show action Thursday.
I ended up fishing Kure beach also but I was on the surf about 100 yds north of the pier. You're not far from me. Give me a call next time you go. I'd love to split gas with somebody:).

1 - 3 of 3 Posts