Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Going down in the middle of July and have never been here before. What is the point like on the west part of the island nowadays? Also, I know you have to buy a pass to get onto the premises of Fort Caswell, but if you park at the last public beach access and walk down along the beach to the end, could they still kick you off if they catch you walking their part of beach? Thanks!

·
Registered
170 Posts
If you are referring to the point on Oak island..........last time there about 6 weeks ago it was closed. Within the last few years 20 houses or so have been built that essentially has left it with little access and nothing like it was in the past. I would NOT waste my time there.

·
Registered
78 Posts
I have not been to oak island in years. Grew up there as a kid in the early-mid 80’s. Lived on Caswell Beach. Interesting with the west end closure. I do remember homes being built down that way 15ish years ago so now it must be full and things have changed obviously. That road I remember directly across from Clem’s seafood used to be a hot spot. Dead end road but you had to drive in the woods following the inlet on left. Nice clear path that lead to the rock jetty. Lots of puppy drum I remember. That area looks different now per google maps.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts