Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Might be heading down this weekend, and I'm looking to get in a good fishing trip. I hear the Little Bridge is doing well on trout, but since I don't usually fish for trout, what baits are good for them? I hear that mirro lures are good, but aren't they on the pricey side? Also, has anyone heard any reports from other piers? Thanks for any info, and I will post a report after my fishing trip.

·
Registered
1,481 Posts
Adding to DD's comments - Gulp 4" Swimming Mullet in white or chartreuse. Also, Gulp 3" shrimp in New Penny are my favorite lures for specs. Your rod needs to be sensitive enough to detect the bites and toss the light jigs.

·
Registered
1,243 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the info. I've also heard some of the ocean piers have had good runs of blues on gotchas. I caught my first blue on a gotcha this October, and it was very fun! If I hear that the blues are running some, I'll head to one of the piers.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Thanks for the info. I've also heard some of the ocean piers have had good runs of blues on gotchas. I caught my first blue on a gotcha this October, and it was very fun! If I hear that the blues are running some, I'll head to one of the piers.
I saw some guys wading behind whalebone by the public area on my way to tail of the wail. Can anyone share some input about that without saying more than you care to share, it was the first time I have seen them there. Im a wading fisherman myself. Im just wondering if there are pups or specs or both there. Does the tide really matter there? Thanks for sharing what you can.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts