Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
689 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Is there a Maryland Rule, or law that states how many rods we can fish with ? On private property?? On public property?? Piers/beaches??? Bridges???? And this question is regarding salt water use--Thanks Steve..

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
The only reg out there is this:

IN NON-TIDAL WATERS OF THE STATE IT IS UNLAWFUL:

1. To use more than three (3) rods at one time (except for ice fishing) or more than two (2) hooks per line.

That's only for non-tidal areas (i.e., freshwater). No limits on tidal areas that I could find.

·
Registered
805 Posts
The only reg out there is this:

IN NON-TIDAL WATERS OF THE STATE IT IS UNLAWFUL:

1. To use more than three (3) rods at one time (except for ice fishing) or more than two (2) hooks per line.

That's only for non-tidal areas (i.e., freshwater). No limits on tidal areas that I could find.

How does a king rig fall into play? I bought one a while back for live lining and it has three hooks on it.

·
Registered
4,346 Posts
How does a king rig fall into play? I bought one a while back for live lining and it has three hooks on it.
If you're using it in a tidal area, it doesn't matter. If you're using it in a non-tidal area, it's a no-no. These are Maryland regs though. You don't fish in Maryland much though do you?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts