Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
281 Posts
I have a 14.7 OldTown Guide. Use it in the creeks at the beach, also rivers, lakes, and ponds. I like it more than a yak. I like more room and staying dry. All you need is a cajun anchor and a tricked out milk crate - then your locked and cocked. Check out the crates on the search feature. Got mine at Dick's for less than $600.

·
Registered
541 Posts
It has a couple features I like, but they are super heavy (82# for the 12' model according to the specs). It weighs more than my X factor @ 14ft long w/ 650# capacity (the x factor is considered quite heavy). I guess it really depends on what you want to do with it.
I really like the adjustable seat position & the relatively flat bottom. Both of those features would be nice floating the rivers in my area. But that thing isn't going anywhere too fast at 42" wide & the flat bottom is going to make it track pretty poorly. If you are thinking about salt water use, I would be looking for something a little skinnier & maybe longer too.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.