Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any1 one know where I can find these lures?

I have tried a multiple Northern websites and every1 is soldout.

Yalls info on this would be greatful!

·
Registered
194 Posts
Call DICKS on M/V he should have some 1 508 693 7669, And CAPT. DONS will have some in less than 2 weeks also Saltwater Edge , Surfcasting R.I. and others will be getting some in the near future..The work has begun on a mother LOAD of NEEDLES and a FEW surprises Thanks to all for your support.......

JHABS = John Habs

·
Registered
374 Posts
NSearch4Drum nevermind the PM

Addict posted the info from the link I was going to send you (posted by John Haberek). Act quick, it doesn't take long before they are gone.

·
Registered
194 Posts
HABS plugs:

These have become the most desired striper plugs on earth lately. Personally, I think most lures/plugs are designed to catch more anglers than fish. I posted the info because HABS is a northern product and some of you may not frequent those boards. While one cannot deny the quality of HABS plugs and the fact that they do catch fish, I for one am not loyal to any particular plug or manufacturer.

To be honest, my favorite lure this year has been the 6" Storm wildeyes. Give me a pack of those, a few bucktails, and any decent popper and I'm ready for battle with confidence.

I personally do not own any $25 plugs. I am not knocking HABS plugs as John makes some great plugs. But so does Stan Gibbs and a host of other plug makers. I have confidence in my knots, but I don't know if I'm confident enough to throw $25 attached at the end of my line every cast. :D

Tighter lines and shorter skirts...

PS: Joey is right on the money - if you want them, act fast.
PSS: Thrifty Angler - They are not my babies, I just know a few people in the business.

PSS: Re: the storms I mentioned: Yesterday I turned on my friends to those gummy bears and they were shocked at the results. I've caught more fish with those than on any other lure this year. We must've caught well over 25 fish in about an hour. The best part? Only a $1 a pop!!!

·
Registered
4,223 Posts
Thanks addict

I'm always looking for a tip or two. Guess I'll have to wait for the Kodak stock to rise.;)

Thanks again!

PS...Late night and me reading posts..........well, sometimes I miss the small details. Such as the "quote" that was posted. And yep, I am definitely not sure of the twelve overhand knots I tie onto each of my rigs. So I will be keeping at the lower end of the scale with artificials as well.:( But I will keep collecting those high end treasures snapped off by previous beach anglers.:cool:

·
Registered
374 Posts
$25 a plug!
:jawdrop:
The demand has skyrocketed. I remember buying mine for less than half that price a few years back. They are still holding up strong and catching fish. A superb finish, unlike the $20 Yo-Zuris that have the eye's popping out and paint scratching off after a few uses. Luckily I haven't had to replace the HAB's plugs I've been using the last few seasons.

Gibbs makes a decent product but not always consistent and not the best hardware. I recently purchased a darter that doesn't dive below the surface, have to mail that back to get it fixed.

IMO, if you are a plug enthusiast, the HAB's plugs are well worth the money.

PS: My all time favorite plug is made of plastic and cost $4.50.

PSS: The majority of my fish this year have been caught on spoons and jigs.

PSS: Addict: Got wood? ;) :p :D

·
Registered
194 Posts
Had a 8" striper inhale a 6" storm today. Later a 35" striper inhaled it too. I like storms. :D

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanxs guys!

Addict,PM and I will send you the next best thing to Storms.....

Joey,Thanxs for digging up all this info,I don't think I want to spend 25.00 bones for a lure,I may go with a Gibbs.

I am glad fishinh has picked up there.Please send some cows down here!

AL

1 - 10 of 10 Posts