Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,417 Posts
WHOA, Great catch! How long did he fight that one?

·
Registered
3,788 Posts
Schweeeeet! :fishing: Nice hog! Wonder if I can cast that far.....NOT!!! :p

·
Registered
7 Posts
The story on mr. Piggy

Just thought I'd share a report from this past Sunday 11/2. Beach launched in Corolla early am with Jay Bender and Randy Williamson. We fished until the NE wind came up just after noon. Caught seven BIG drum and had a few more we didn't get a hook in. They were on very large schools of small grey trout. Saw a few bird-plays and found the bait marks with the fish-finder. Drifted cut baits on the bottom and Jay caught one on a 4 oz buck tail with a Gulp twister tail ! My second fish was by far my BIGGEST EVER. I left my measuring tape in the Jeep (of all the days to do that!), but the space between the brackets on the middle bench seat is 49". This one went half way up one bracket and his tail stuck above the gunwale on the other side! I'm guesstimating 56-58" long and somewhere between 32-36" girth and he was a just a bus-headed pig! In hindsight I should have "measured" him with a length of leader material, but I didn't, just got the hook out, took a couple of pics and got him/her back in the water. Sure am glad I took the camera along! Probably the biggest Drum I'll ever catch. Using the fish weight formula with the APPROX. dimesions came up with 72-82 lbs.:D:D:D

-Mike Stokes

"Can't catch 'em from the couch...don't know 'til you go!"

1 - 20 of 27 Posts