Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Maryland Department of Natural Resources
Fishing and Boating Services
Changes for the Atlantic Coast Recreational and Charter Boat Striped Bass Fishery Effective March 1, 2020

WHAT THIS NOTICE DOES

The Secretary of the Maryland Department of Natural Resources announces changes to the recreational striped bass size and catch limits for the Atlantic Ocean, its coastal bays and their tributaries. Effective 12:01 a.m. March 1, 2020:

Recreational anglers may keep one striped bass per person per day.
The striped bass must be a minimum of 28 inches and may not exceed 35 inches in length.
WHY THIS IS NECESSARY

This action is necessary to implement the Atlantic States Marine Fisheries Commission’s Interstate Fishery Management Plan for Striped Bass.

WHO THIS NOTICE AFFECTS

This applies to all individuals who catch striped bass recreationally.

AUTHORITY

Code of Maryland Regulations 08.02.15.12

·
Registered
1,246 Posts
**** MD DNR specifically Haddaway. Also **** Hogan. They want to kill kill kill and have vested interests in watermen and looking out for their well being and not the fish.

·
Registered
7,038 Posts
I've read the new regs and my understanding is that if you are fishing from a charter boat you are allowed to keep 2 with minimum of 28 inches and may not exceed 35 inches in length.

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
101 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
134 Posts
I would incorporate the closed dates from Options 2 and 3 into option 1. I see no point in keeping the fishery open during a time when release mortality is almost guaranteed.

·
Registered
2,249 Posts
No spring season to let them successfully spawn and an upper size limit of 34" - 36" over which most are Female breeders.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts