Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We will be heading to Venice FL. tomorrow. We will be there for a month. Bad news is they have a red tide along the Golf beaches in South West FL. But maybe I can catch a few any way. Might be sending a few reports back. Stay warm Guys! sun set at south jetty.jpg

·
Registered
626 Posts
Have a safe trip! And catch-em-up.
Too bad about that red tide. Was there when one reared its ugliness. Smell was awful. We were doing the tourist thing, and not there for fishing, so can only offer support that you might catch something. Good luck! And have a safe return trip.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
We will be heading to Venice FL. tomorrow. We will be there for a month. Bad news is they have a red tide along the Golf beaches in South West FL. But maybe I can catch a few any way. Might be sending a few reports back. Stay warm Guys! View attachment 61931
Ps. I took that picture. Pat and I will be setting there quite a few times. That was my old hang out with my fishing friends. I really miss it. But the kids come first.

·
Registered
4,355 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bad news so far. Weather has not been good since we have been here. Not much sun, cool, very windy, and a little red tide. Haven't been able to fish the beach with these winds. Today they call for 20 MPH out of the north. The young people love it. they are surf boarding at the south jetty. Three more weeks to go. I should get at least a few days of calm surf for beach fishing. I don't like being a snow bird. It was nice when we lived here.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts