Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We caught over a hundred blues along with about 10 keeper flounder all the pompano we could stand. But my wife is the 1 who beat us all.She caught a blue on her pompano rig with shrimp so i changed her hooks and put on some cut mullet for her first cast she caught a slot red 24 inches then she caught a few blues and 1 keeper flounder.Then she started screaming i got a big i got a big 1 well she sure did a 50 inch 45 pound red she was almost spooled 2 times but we finally got it in.She was using a diawa sweepfire 2500 that i bought for the kids to use so i would not be out of any money when they threw it in the sand.It was the most fun i have had in a long time watching her get that red in and she did not even like fishing untill this past week.Every morning after she was up at 530 am with me at beach. We released the red and it swam off strong.All in all it was a great time.I will get Amy to figure out how to post pics and i will get them on here

·
Registered
72 Posts
Whooo weee!!!!!! Now that's the kind of report I like to hear! I'm glad you guys got into them...especially the wife. My wife likes to surf fish a little and always beats me :confused: but if she got into action like that I'm sure I'd have a new fishing buddy from then on. Hope they hang around and maybe come to Carolina Beach this weekend like that :fishing:

·
Registered
387 Posts
Awesome report, your wife did a great job.................hope you took credit for your superior guiding skills.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yea i definetly have a new partner she is ready to go back now.I am going to get her a old 704 and have it customised for her pink and have it machined where it dont look like a pink hunk of iron and get her a good rod.That way she can embaress the heck out of me and not worry about getting spooled like that 1 did still cant get the pics up. I will go have them put on a cd tommorrow and get them on here.

·
Registered
90 Posts
What a great story, thanks for sharing!
Hope you get the upload of photos worked out, love to see the catch... am curious where on the north end you were fishing, off the Seaview pier, in the surf, or out on the point?

·
Registered
1,507 Posts
Very nice catching! Congrats to the Mrs. on the Bull Red! At some point I want to get up there and fish Topsail! N.C. has very reasonable license fees! Great job!

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
sorry what i meant to say is all the fish were caught in the surf on cut mullet except for the pomps on shrimp

1 - 10 of 10 Posts