Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, first post here. Thanks for the info you all share.

Checked out North Point State Park today near Baltimore. The new Pier is very nice. One guy caught a catfish before we arrived (6:50 am) using a live eel. Realized we forgot our tackle bag and so made a trip to Fearl's shop, where the owner was very helpful and showed us the live bait they had. Prices were good and he also threw in some plastic bait for free. We got 4 live eels and night crawlers, going for Striper, White Perch, and Catfish. We brought our own fresh shrimp from the market. The worms and eels got no attention, however the shrimp we brought were being nibbled within a few seconds of hitting the floor. They were baby stripers, about a few inches long. We got one 19.5" striper using a white plastic fish bait and a sliding float and let it go hoping we'd be rewarded. But no other big fish.

It was nice, but I want to go check out Wells Cove again. We had a 21" striper on lures about 2 weeks ago.

I keep hearing about Choptank and want to check out the piers they have near the bridge there, but it's pretty far from Alexandria, VA.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I saw there are piers near Route 50 (Ocean Gateway) north east of choptank. Figure the closest piers to choptank.

If you were asking about piers at North Point State Park, they have a small old composite or wooden pier. But they also have a large brick/stone pier that apparently finished construction recently.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts