Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Will be there for work later this week. Anyone familiar with the area- would you fish the salt up there, hit someplace in Del. or just continue home?

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, helpful. So I don't need a license, just need to register.

Do you know if it is feasible to park and walk to the point/hook areas? Planning on just taking a couple 9' plugging rods, would I be a fool not to take my heaver?

·
Registered
101 Posts
Will be there for work later this week. Anyone familiar with the area- would you fish the salt up there, hit someplace in Del. or just continue home?
If your time is limited, try one of the party boats out of Belmar or Brielle. They know the waters and are likely to get you blues and maybe stripers.

Brooklyn fish

·
Registered
23 Posts
If your time is limited, try one of the party boats out of Belmar or Brielle. They know the waters and are likely to get you blues and maybe stripers.

Brooklyn fish
Brooklyn fish is correct!
Go on the Dauntless...they find the fish and they don't mind the weather as the name suggests.

·
Registered
134 Posts
If you just want to do an hour or so and get a line wet, you can try the fishing piers in Keansburg, Union Beach or South Amboy.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys. I'm going to try and surf fish SH Park. I'm trying to decide if I should take my heaver (transport is kind of a pain) for cut bait fishing other wise I'll be chucking lures. How long of a walk are we talking for parking in a lot and fishing?

·
Registered
2,776 Posts
Matt,

It depends the locations in the park and there are bunches. The fishing beach can be short walk. The north beach or near the entrance is about 200yds. The back bay could be as little as 50yds.

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
That's exactly what I wanted to hear! Thanks. I explored and fished all around the park. 1 skate on bait, 1 blue on a 1 1/2 ounce kastmaster (maybe 24") and about 20 big shad (I lipped em) on the same kastmaster. That place is fishy as heck and moderately accessible- the famous spot is maybe a 600 yard hike but worth it. Saw several nice flounder on bucktails and 1 striper on a topwater. I wish it was closer to home.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts