Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a timeshare booked in Kill Devil Hill 12-7 to 12-14. If anyone wants to share from p&s, let me know. I paid the rent so if you want to stay, just help on the food, beverage, bait etc.

The only rules are no rowdy behavior and no excessive drinking. I am responsible for the unit and any damage.

C-dog will be staying a couple days at the end so I have room for 4 more. It has 2 bedrooms and a sleep sofa in the living room. Some could sleep on the floor with a sleeping bag if like me you don't want to share a bed with a bunker smelling fisherman.

Looking for a 40 pounder. Got a 35# striper the last time I stayed at this place. (Jan 2001)

Tight lines...

Ken

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Ken, I'll let ya know as soon as I figure out what days I'll be able to get off.

35#er huh? Wonder if we should start a pool for biggest fish? :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Kenmefish, That is one nice offer.

You are the man. I have a place "The Rusty Ritz" my trailer, but that is a great thing.
I got the bait thing set up, so that's on me. We (me and the crowd coming with me) Are planning a cook out in KH some time on that Saturday, depending on the fishing. All you folks are welcome and it should be good food, London Broil, Shrimp, burgers, dogs and all the fixin's.
Thanks again my friend.

·
Registered
169 Posts
I got to get well and get out of this bed. Can I get a 'rain check' for next year?

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Okay, where exactly is Kill Devil Hill? It's gotta be warmer than AI in December, is it a possible two day trip (how far from Washington or Annapolis), and legal, (don't want to offend or take up space), to sleep in Jeep (done it many a time in cold and rain)?

Maybe just a dream, or wishful thinking, but I can bring bait and food, if schedule permits. Obviously never done Kill Devil, so what are licensing requirements and beach driving needs (or is it like Nags Head, no permit required, leave only tracks)?

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Shaggy,KDH is before Nagshead, beach driving is not allowed in KDH I believe. But half hr South is Oregon Inlet where you can drive an a hr or so south is th famous Point at Buxton. I plan on fishing anywhere from KDH to Buxton depending on where th fish are. Sat th 13th I'll be in KDH but th rest of th time I'll be running around. Don't know how long it would take but it takes me about 3 hrs an I'm about 3 hrs from DC.

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
I don't know, but I am hoping maybe a good omen or good karma, but was watching public tv, and mentioned something about the Wright brothers and Kill Devil Hills. So would I be correct in thinking Kitty Hawk is close? Why did the brothers leave KDH for Kitty Hawk? Just looking for a history/geography lesson this time.

Have Jeep will travel.:D

·
Registered
830 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Shaggy, come on down. There are many beach access from Kitty Hawk to Nags Head. You might find a blitz at any of them or we could just soak some bait. I figure if we all fish where Wilbers dream took place we could draw some fish to the beach. If we had ten people fishing in the same area with 20 or so bait rods out, bound to put some scent in the water. If I remember correctly the spot he is talking about has no houses for a good hundred yards, plenty of room for all of us to fish. Also like c-dog said we can go south and drive the beach.

Tight lines...

Ken

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Shaggy when ya come down I'll show ya th big @ss sand dune th brothers took flight off of. Its pretty cool! :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Hey Shaggy,

If you want to go give me a call you have my number. Theres no way we would leave one of our best buds behind. We'll all make a roadtrip out of it.....Hat

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Well then, I'll just have to see if I can get Friday - Monday off. I was figuring off by 4pm Friday (get down there about 11pm) off Saturday, worse case scenerio close Sunday (have to leave around 8pm Saturday night) and best case scenerio off Sunday, fish am sleep late afternoon, drive home and get some sleep before work.

Anyhow Hat, I'll check into getting off the 12 - 15 of December, but it would me have Jeep, I travel it won't (you just to big of a guy for my baby, and wouldn't be comfortable, and she aint got lots of room for rods and someone in the passenger seat) or we convoy it. I probably won't know for about a week, but now I am really interested. Like I said before Hat, it's always an honor and pleasure fishing beside you, and if I go me beach room, I won't be crossing no lines.

Oh, will it be nice enough for my flip flops? ;)

Have Jeep will travel. :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Beach Driving access.

First here is the progression from North to South, Kitty Hawk, Kill Devil Hills, Nags Head, Oregon Inlet.
Now, you can't drive on the Beach in Kitty Hawk, but the walk over is very easy, maybe 50 yards. You can drive on the beach in Kill Devil Hills, but after the big blow the ramp are not the best. You can drive on the beach in Nags Head, but you need a permit, it's only $25.00, not too bad. Oregon Inlet is free and open to the public and the ramps are in good shape. The access at Coquina Beach (North end of OI) is open, but at High Tide the beach is pretty thin.
I still feel, from what is happening at present, that KH will be the place to be, but I have built up a network of "Spies" that I keep up with. If Kitty Hawk is a dead end, the Striper bite is only a few phone calls away.
Looking forward to a "Hog Killin" and one of the best parties the Kitty Hawk beach has seen in a while.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Geezzz...flipflops??Now dont you northern boys be comin down here em bare a$$ in' us VaGinny P&S 'ers.:eek: ....the R

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
The R,

Ain't no embarressing about it, I personally am a 'Bama boy by birth, but there is something I just love about beaches and flip flops and fishin'. Guess it just gives me a feeling of warmth, 'specially if they ain't biting. Oh yeah, and they are lighter than hip waders. :)

Have Jeep will travel. (Though maybe this time without her, but don't let her know, she's a tempermental girl). :D

·
Registered
634 Posts
do you need a 4x4 to drive on beach down there?? i have a lil 2wd isuzu pickup with a 3in body lift and oversized tires....think if i deflate my tires a bit it would work?

i'm heading down there for the day... possibly gonna camp out or just drive home same day.never been to OBX.. cant wait:)

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Kajun it depends on where you go down there as some places are worse than others. When I was down in Oct. I drove all over coqina beach in 2wd. But futher south I had to use 4wd. Lower your tire pressure to 15-20psi an make sure you have a shovel, wood to put a jack on,a tow strap an someone to push just in case.;) BTW if ya feel like your tires are slipping don't apply any gas, stop an lower th tire pressure lower.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Now R, that wasn't called for.

No body ever said anything about you wearing that horn on you belt, or have they?....LOL :eek:....Tightlines

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Kajun, down at the inlet you will do OK from the Coquina ramp but don't try the inlet ramp, it 's bad. Don't worry if you get stuck we will pull you out and talk about you for years.

·
Registered
2,630 Posts
Dang Clyde....its the only way some peoples can dis-ting-gwish between me and dat Brad Pitt guy.......And you aint bringgun dat CD "Best of Ronnie Dove" are ya?? I hear ya drives your friends nuts playin' dem two tunes over and over:p !!....the R

1 - 20 of 21 Posts