Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I sent the governor an e.mail regards to nb and the mayors behavior whereupon he was very thankfull to hear from a marylander , i think the time is right for all of us to protest through email to the governor at this time
Furtherance to that, we should have a public peaceful and legal demontration at the mayors office prior to the 2004 fishing season,we have to let the mayor knows regardless where one lives, we are all Americans whether great or small we all pay the price for FREEDOM

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
if he was grateful to hear from MD'er

there's more where that came from...

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Way to go George..I have already sent one and sent one to the city council and got an email baack saying that I did not understand the situation. . I am waiting until the thing ever opens and see what happens. They are also getting a lot of flack from the people that live at cheasapeake beach. They also had to pay at the end of last year. Should be interesting.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
It's pretty clear where I am on this issue.

I have been pushing Marylanders to write for almost a year now. As it stands right now, when the pier opens back up the Boycott will resume full bore!

I will support any kind of public demontration you guys can put together, infact I will help you do it. I do see a very big problem with it thoe. There is no way on this earth that the Mayor and the town council of NB will ever grant us a permit to protest the closeing of the pier.

The Mayor only understands one thing $$$. Thats why the Boycott has hurt them so bad. It hits them where it hurts, in the pocketbook.

Before Izzy last year the mayor and his beach patrol went as far as to try and drive people off of private property and back to the pier to get the income. It didn't work and it pizzed them off and hurt!

We have strengh in numbers and in dollars. Boycott NB, it is the one way we can effect the town and the Mayors budget....Hat80

Boycott North Beach Maryland

·
Registered
270 Posts
Two things on doing a demonstration.

First, someone (a NB resident, preferably) needs to apply for a permit and get turned down. If they do, we need to find out if Calvert County has an override ordinance. In some counties that I've dealt with (in NY, so not sure how applicable this is) if the town denied a permit for "arbitrary and carpicious" reasons, then the county could override and make the grant. A Calvert COunty resident would have to do that, however.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
or we pay to fish

and then put up signs by our gear (fishing at the very beginning of the pier of course)

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
I will not pay to fish in a town I have Boycotted.

I promise you Husky. They will throw you off the pier before the second sign go's up! If a demontration is held it will have to be in a legal maner. That is the only way people will listen and we'll get any respect.....Hat

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Let me know when you protest

and I'll be there! FISHING!
I am not gonna give up the best place around here to fish just because some Hatteras guy thinks he knows better than the elected officials.

I haven't caught a single trout since I quit fishing at North Beach.

If you haven't figured it out, I was joking about fishing with signs and about fishing while you are protesting.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
hmmmmm makes you wonder huh!:eek: :p :D

·
Registered
3,745 Posts
come to think of it, when husky fished with all the P&S folks at PLO, no one caught anything on the whole pier!

*except for Sandcrab but we'll leave that out for now...

:D

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's it, I'm boycotting Husky.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
I third that but am wondering if he will still catch me spot for bait at the choptank this year!:D

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
to hades with you all

I will not fish with a single P&S'er all year. Unless of course one offers to take me to AI or IRI. Come to think of it, I caught a lot more fish before I started posting regularly here...

·
Registered
8,022 Posts
Re: to hades with you all

HuskyMD said:
Come to think of it, I caught a lot more fish before I started posting regularly here...
Well if ya anything like me its cuz ya spend to much time on th puter.:p

Just kidding, actually I fished more last year than any previous yr. An I posted a chitload. :eek: Guess I am multi talented. :D

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
you certainly have some nice pics

They should rename the photo gallery to CDOG's Gallery

1 - 17 of 17 Posts