Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This report is from The Southern Maryland Voice. The Voice is the main paper in North Beach. I never gave these guys a interview, they picked it up on their own. They got my name wrong and some of the info, but it works for me. The media is picking up the story and the website and thats what we want. Look out Mr. Mayor, your busted :D ....Tightlines

Click on the link below for page 12

Page 12

Boycott North Beach Maryland

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
There you go! That's whats gonna get it really going. When people start writing about you and you never even talked to them yet! You should talk to them and get a follow up story so you can give them all the GOOD FACTS! :D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey FL FISHERMAN,

I've sent a e-mail thanking him already and will call in the morn. Seems like the man may have a good outlook on the cause and push it for us. Bottom line, The Voice is the NB paper and I'm glad he's onboard. See you on the 2nd........Tightlines

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
You know when you started this I really wasn't sure it was gonna make a difference whether they reopen the pier or not. And I still have my doubts. I know how the government is and how they can be real crooked and always get there way. I mean I work for the us government for godsake! Military, but don't think they aren't political either. It is a harsh world out there. BUT I do believe what you are doing is courageous and has to be done. I mean even if it never gets reopened again they will know that we have a voice and want to be heard. And we will always go down fighting. Fisherman united! Great job and I stand behind you till the end my friend.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Two more interviews today,

one with the Baltimore Sun and one with Saint Marys Today. The journalist from the Sun said last year the city of Baltimore tried the same thing with a pier there and the paper got it opened back up. She agrees something in NB smells fishy and it's not the pier...Tightlines

·
Registered
7,062 Posts
Hat80...Don't want to put a damper on the wonderful thing you are doing for us fisherpeople but the Baltimore Sun gets it wrong again. It wasn't a pier, it was a bridge at a local reservoir that was closed to fishing and some local interest groups got it opened up again. the Baltimore Sun had nothing to do with it. I wouldn't expect much from the Sunpaper.

Catman.

·
Registered
37 Posts
hat80
how cool is it that you took the time to protect the rights of us shorebound anglers. i wanted to sign the petition but i got confused with the directions and kept screwing up. i guess if there were not people willing to be inconveinenced, alot of our rights would be gone. no matter how minor this might be to some people i personally would like to thank you for looking out for the rest of us. i have never been to that particular pier before but you can bet that if the tables turn i will be there to enjoy what you worked so hard for. thank you!:D

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks catman,

I'll keep it in mind when I meet this lady on Monday in NB. No damper my friend, their just one of many that are calling. Every little bit helps to get the word out. See you on the 2nd my friend...Tightlines

johnnyrockfish,
Thanks for your kind words!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts