Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Went to NB and caught 1 rock, 1 spot, and lots of croaker on bloods. Saw two other spot caught.
Kept getting my rod slammed and then the fish would go straight to the crab line and I'd be stuck. Could still feel the fish there, but couldn't get fish to swim back out. That sucked.
Good fishing though.

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
most everyone. There was this one poor guy who had been there for like 6hours and hadn't caught anything.
He was using a 10' rod, bloods, etc. No really good reason why he wasn't catching that I could see. I was standing right next to him bringing in fish after fish.
I really felt bad for him.

·
Registered
467 Posts
Hey Husky,

WHen were you there and what side of the pier were you on??? me and my dad were there last night and we caught several huge croakers. It was a good night. I caught one striper about 11" but it was nice and plump. I let him go very gently so i would not hurt him.

MC

"Remember,the further you cast the longer it takes to bring the big ones in." ;)

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I caught most of my fish on my 9' tica.
I can cast it good though.

I was there Thursday night and I was in the middle on the end.

·
Registered
1,513 Posts
I was there wednesday nite 9pm -1:30am in the rain.. everybody on the pier scored on croakers. I started out with bloodworms when I ran out I went to squid and never missed a beat. That was first time in yrs down there I was surprised to see the dock..I could here the hollaring and cursing at the boater all ready :eek:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts