Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Saturday Morning at 5:30 I shot out of the house later than I expected so I greeted my live eels and bull minnows with good morning on this your last day of existence. I hurried to suitland parkway south on 4 and ran through the 7-11 (coffee) and down 260. I arrived at North Beach fishing peir in time to see a sunrise on the chesapeake bay that would rival hawaii, california and the bahamas' scenic views you see on all those post cards in the gift shops. Now that being said, I had the craziest day day fishing in my life.

7:00am: started fishing using live eels ,one rigged under a bobber the other on a fish finder, and some huge bull minnows rigged the same way.

10:00am: nothing biting. Had some conversation with some local fisherman and travelers like my self.

12:00pm: Still nothing. sung a few songs, to myself laughed at some jokes and met jbchillin and his 525 mag, Beautiful.

3:00pm: more people now. most of this morning crew is gone its time to reflect on life love and the state of world today. And still no fish.

7:00pm: The fish started biting. Then realized it was tiny spot, small perch, one lost blue fish (from the school that is) and midget rockfish. and yet again nothing for me.

8:00pm: Disgusted. Started packing

8:45pm: met teamhook&cook and talked about everything for an hour or so.

All in all a good nite for people. bad nite for fishing.

BTW: eels and bull minnows live very well on the hook.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Still sounds like a productive day:
#1 You woke up
#2 You got to see a beautiful sunrise
#3 You met some wonderful new friends
#4 You have bait for another day
#5 You werent at work!
#6 You made it through another day to start all over again in the morning

All in all it sounds like a helluva day to me.

Billy

·
Registered
21 Posts
12:00pm: Still nothing. sung a few songs, to myself laughed at some jokes and met jbchillin and his 525 mag, Beautiful.
Wassup Chesapeake Kid!

It was great meeting and talking to you at North Beach on Saturday. Still learning how to cast that 525 Mag. Some days I'm decent with it, this past Saturday I was not. I guess it's gonna take more practice on my part. My buddy and I left and ended up at Thomas Point instead of Matapeake like we had planned before we left NB. We were skunked there too. It was definitely a great day to be fishing though. We gotta hook up some time.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
Went down to watch that night and they were catching small blues and a couple of non keeper rockfish. Under the lights you could catch small spot which they were using as bait.
Nothing worth bragging about.
Maybe it is over for the year. Time to clean up everything for next year.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Went down to watch that night and they were catching small blues and a couple of non keeper rockfish. Under the lights you could catch small spot which they were using as bait.
What Time did u leave I was there until about 9:00 in the front Northward corner. Would have like to talk shop with you.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey jb,

Thats a bet I may to the field to work on some techniques

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
What Time did u leave I was there until about 9:00 in the front Northward corner. Would have like to talk shop with you.
I left around 10:00 I was talking to George most of the night and was talking to a couple ladies under the light. I brought a new rod down and tested it out.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I left around 10:00 I was talking to George most of the night and was talking to a couple ladies under the light. I brought a new rod down and tested it out.
I think those were the two ladies that were cracking jokes about my minnows. I think I walked right by you. I coulda used some vet advise.

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I think those were the two ladies that were cracking jokes about my minnows. I think I walked right by you. I coulda used some vet advise.
They got a laugh from me too. I had an 8 ft rod that I had just finished and an abu garcia reel on it. First time it flew great but the second time I was talking to them and did not thumb it properly. I changed line when I got home.:D:D:D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts