Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Fished there from 7pm -12 midnight not
much went on caught 6 blues and a big bite which nearly take my 18 ft rod off the pier plus something bit off my steel leader possible a big blue , spots were also limited ,caught some at the begining to left side of the pier, one striper was caught and kept by some Asian people from a distance appears to be under size
If the weather permits I will be at N/B this coming saturday

F

·
0 Posts
hey supercast.

thanks for the report. i know you said, "from a distance you saw some asian people catch a rockfish that appears to be undersized?" whats up with putting out "asian people"?& what if it was oversized? you could just say some people, you know? im not trying to start something on this website, but I do think sometimes people need to use different words. By the way, Imma korean dude. thats all. thanks for the report again thou.

·
Registered
76 Posts
thanks for the report. i know you said, "from a distance you saw some asian people catch a rockfish that appears to be undersized?" whats up with putting out "asian people"?& what if it was oversized? you could just say some people, you know? im not trying to start something on this website, but I do think sometimes people need to use different words. By the way, Imma korean dude. thats all. thanks for the report again thou.
yup...i agree with FISHERMAN T. why not just say "a guy" or "somebody" rather than saying "asian people"? i know there will be some people here in this forum who would somewhat react when "black dude", "white man", or "hispanic guy" was used to describe someone in the posts.

·
Registered
1,878 Posts
yup...i agree with FISHERMAN T. why not just say "a guy" or "somebody" rather than saying "asian people"? i know there will be some people here in this forum who would somewhat react when "black dude", "white man", or "hispanic guy" was used to describe someone in the posts.
i would have less problems if he said asian guy instead of asian people because when you say people in that discussion its almost like you are stereotyping a race. but if you said guy instead of people in that same statement you are talkin about an individual.
hell i know asians get a bad name for poaching but believe me since ive been able to fish ive seen every race of people poaching and get caught. to me its just not worth it!!!

so next time say guys, males but stay away from describing individuals as people!!

·
Registered
359 Posts
i would have less problems if he said asian guy instead of asian people because when you say people in that discussion its almost like you are stereotyping a race. but if you said guy instead of people in that same statement you are talkin about an individual.
hell i know asians get a bad name for poaching but believe me since ive been able to fish ive seen every race of people poaching and get caught. to me its just not worth it!!!

so next time say guys, males but stay away from describing individuals as people!!
Amen. bigpapa, you should be running for public office!

·
Registered
45 Posts
Supercast,

Thanks for the report. I wanted to mention that poachers come in all colors, ages, sizes, and gender. Yes, I am Asian and practice ethical fishing.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Supercast,

Thanks for the report. I wanted to mention that poachers come in all colors, ages, sizes, and gender. Yes, I am Asian and practice ethical fishing.
RacerX is right, poachers are everywhere, no matter where you fish. I am asian too, and advocate fishing as a right and a responsibility.

·
Registered
357 Posts
NB report

Fished there from 7pm -12 midnight not
much went on caught 6 blues and a big bite which nearly take my 18 ft rod off the pier
I was there on Tuesday evening, caught a couple blues, and lost a nice Rock. I didn't see it, but it stayed under the water, did not fight like a blue, and was hard as hell to bring in!

Stupid me decided to try to bring it over the rail instead of walking down to the lower deck, I had NO-ONE to the right of me, it would have been the wise choice, but alas, I tried the shortcut way and he popped off partway up the rail.

They are having the Haunted Boardwalk event on Saturday, just be aware that parking might not be available, unless they cancel due to rain or something.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts