Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
The war on NB is moving along better than expected. This morning I have had e-mails and phone calls from several Newspapers requesting a written story and interviews. Looks like my work is cut out for me. No problem, they'll get what they want.

It is time to realy push this thing from the membership. If we beat them this time it will set a precedent that other jurisdictions will be forced to fallow. If they see we will stand up for our rights they may look at other solutions before they just close a pier or beach.

If youv'e sent in a petition I would like to thank you for your support. If not, get off your @ss and do it! It only takes a few minutes. The action you take now may save your local spot one of these days! Don't just talk the talk, walk the walk!

If you send one in and want to be added to the supports list? Be sure you Cc: send me a copy of of the petition that you sent. It is the only way I can verify you sent one in and the only way you will get on the list. Thanks again, Hat80

Click on the link below to access the petition:

Boycott North Beach Maryland
Sea Critter
TopSnipe
Naiad
Master Caster
Fish-On
Anthony
jcreamer
BigT
OldBay
HaPPyPapPy832443
FL FISHERMAN
Reddog1
Cdog
Granpafish
Surf and Turf
obxfishman1
piersi OO
HuskyMD
JerryB
littlefry
the rhondel
SPIDER
TunaFish
SEABASS
jangwuah
Smoothbore54
Runes
Hat80
emanuel
skunked
Ponchojoe
aero993
jackson
Shaggy
Drumdum
Catman
Big Rad
oldsalt
Macman
Young Buck
Sandcrab
INDIO
chest2head&glassy
LongRanger
Kozlow
cocoflea
wizardude
FisHunter
fishnkid
Blue Heron

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
Hat has Mayor anyone for the Town Council of North Beach contacted you since the boycott has gone into full swing or has anybody (off the record)been in contact with you.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
cocoflea,

Since the boycott started no one from the TC has been intouch. On the other hand we did not inform them of the site going public, but they know. The Chairwoman of the local business association and several business owners have contacted me and ask that I attend their next meeting as they were not informed either. As they have the most at stake here and will feel the crunch first.

Since the boycott started the beach has been empty for the most part. The pier has dropped from 25 or more on a good night down to maybe 5 or 6 and they didn't know about the Bc. You can't get to all the people but we have made a big dent in the towns income from the pier & beach.

In all the contacts with the town the Mayor himself has never replyed to us. However I know it's getting to them all. Saturday night I got a e-mail from the Mayor's personal e-mail address at home. He called me a @sshole and wanted to know why I cared because I didn't even live in North Beach.

I guess the old boy drinks too much and snapped...LOL You can bet your butt that made my day!:D .....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oldsalt,

some locals call me every day. Theres been a big impact on both the pier and beach from what they tell me. I haven't been back since the Town Council meeting......Tightlines

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
THANKS FOR THE UPDATE

Hope it works out Hat 80. I know your all jazzed about this just keep your cool and give it to em straight .

Good Luck
Keep Us Posted
Some Links to the Press release would be great.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Don't worry my friend,

these folks never had to deal with a cucumber like me before and they don't like it one bit. Did two newspaper interviews today and have to write a story for one tonight. The snowballs on a roll and their dead in it's path.....Tightlines

·
Registered
3,870 Posts
Hat, keep it going!!! If you need any help let me know, and if not, I still want an invitation to fish the pier when you get it open past 11pm. Love that night-time fishing.

Thanks also for your words, made me feel a heck of alot better.

Hat80, my "hat's" off to you, you are a gentleman and a scholar (if you can say that about a fisherperson).

It ain't just about fishing.

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
It's a shame that an elected offical has to use name calling to try to get his way, if he and the council would admit that they acted wrong in closing the pier life would be a lot easier. Also the money that they are losing the can never get it back and they stand a chance of losing people who vacationed there on a regular basis and future visitors like myself. Again any help you need we are there for you.

Stay the course.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Being called names

HAT I'm sure you already did BUT why not print out the email you were sent being called that name & make enough copies to pass out @ the next meeting. Even better yet why not post the email on the BC web site showing everyone what type of person / persons are running the town? Good luck & when its all over I will come & fish the pier just because of all the hard work you've done to keep it open. Mike

·
Registered
1,751 Posts
I second with spider and I promise when the smoke clears and the victory is won I will make a road trip to fish the pier at night.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
We are starting

to get to much media attention to post his name calling. These people are like little kids and I don't want to lower myself to their level. For right now it's just more ammo in the box, if I ever need it...Thanks guys, Hat80

·
Registered
4,457 Posts
Why do you care?

I won't answer for you Hat, but why do we care?
He does know you grew up in the area, doesn't he? That's more than can be said for half of the town's board.
Anyway, asking the question "why do you care" just goes to show that people don't understand fisherman. Before I started fishing in the Bay (when I first moved here), the Bay menat nothing to me. Now it means everything to me. The bay is Maryland as far as I'm concerned. Taking away the common man's access to the bay is the worst thing anyone could do (along the lines with intentionally dumping waste into the bay--you know who you are!).

·
Registered
270 Posts
Keep up the good work Hat80 and let me know if you need more help.

I believe that little jewel from the Honorable Mayor would have to be released to the papers. Re-election time is going to be interesting.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Husky,

They know how long I've been in the area. No one on the board lived in NB before 87. Most have only been there since the mid 90's.

Surf and Turf,

The residence of Calvert county and NB already want the Mayors seat and I'm not just talking about the one he holds on the board...Thanks for the support guys! Hat80

·
Registered
2,044 Posts
I go by the pier just about everytime I go out.
I rarely see more than four five people fishing. I see several swimming in that contaminated water..
They fhave a sigh up saying that the water is contaminated and for the people to swim at their own risk. They still take the money and have more people patrolling the boardwalk.

·
Registered
3,686 Posts
Discussion Starter #19 (Edited)
Hello JC,

I hope this finds you feeling better. I get reports from John Anderson on the goings on down there about every day. After yesterdays Voice the whole town should know what a snake the Mayor is. The Calvert Recorder should come out next and then the Bay Weekly. I shoot for the Washington Post next. It will be intresting to see how the Town acts to the Media reports. Take care John and I hope to see you soon.

fishnkid,
Got your petition your on the list, thanks...Tightlines

1 - 19 of 19 Posts