Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I've been no Stater. I am from Croatia. I am a 'Gilthead geek'. I do not have any of my pics at the moment so I am posting one I've found on wikipeadia:

Gilthead Sea Bream or Sparus Auratus is one of the most wanted Mediterranean bottom dwellers. They are also very popular on south British shores, mostly in Cornwall.

And I was thinking, since I am not too much familiar with North American fish species, can anyone help me to find what would be proper Gilthead counterpart in US?

Giltheads are mostly bottom dwellers, they feed upon crabs, shells, worms and squids. They are of the most tasteful mediterranean fish and they are usually caugt with surfishing or beach ledgering method although I've been lately fishing them by using a small 2.4 m spinning rod and floater.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could you give me some list of North American porgies? From your experience, which are most tasteful porgies one can find in North America and which porgies are best to fish, considering how much fighting temperament they have?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts