Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today on the casting field, disaster struck!

My favorite stump heaver/anchor rod/surf sharking rod, a 10' Ugly Stick BWS 1100, snapped.

Right below where the two sections join together, the blank is completely crushed. :(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(:(

I'm hoping there is somewhere I can get a new butt section for this rod.

Very sad times. Pics will come as soon as I find my card reader.

Evan

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
Send it back to Shakespere and they will replace it. Ya need the recipet if ya have it and money (I thinkk like $20) for insurance. Thats what I did with 2 uglys ticks that I had when they broke. If ya dont have the reciept see if yiour local bait shop can write ya one.

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
Good to Know

Thanks for that info Dogg. I'll have to stuff that in the old memory bank.If I can remember to.

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
yep, thats what I did. I broke a 8ft and a 6'6. I didnt have the reciepts but I went to a local bait shop that I always go to and they carried ugly sticks. They looked up te price and numbers, wrote me up a reciept and it cost me $20.00 to insure the rods and I sent them off to Shakespere and 3-5 days later I had two brand new rods, plus a gear bag.

·
Registered
2,276 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
That's awesome. I'm gonna go by Carolina Outdoor and see if Ken will write me up a receipt.

It's too bad though. That rod has great juju.

Evan

·
Registered
990 Posts
Broken Rods

wow...you guys managed to break a couple ugly sticks, thats unheard of :D
I learned early in my rodbuilding career that there's no such thing as an 'unbreakable' fishing rod. I've even seen the solid fiberglass ones in pieces.

Some folks can destroy an anvil with a sida straw. JMHO C2

·
Registered
17,552 Posts
wow...you guys managed to break a couple ugly sticks, thats unheard of :D
Happens on a regular basis. Even the Rhino rods break. I have broken a few over the years. Every rod has it's breakin point. It's just a matter of time.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts