Pier and Surf Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
For the past few years, about this time we would be posting a roll call for the Bash at the Beach. Alas, the Rusty Ritz has a new home and the Bash will be no more, But what a good run we had. From the frozen 1st to the expanded 5th, each and every one was filled with good folks and gooder times. Any time you can get a group of Pier and Surf folks together, add food, fishing and Bud Light. You ARE going to have a good time. Some memorial moments from the past, Hat 80 and the potatoe salad, James the 6 foot chinese guy, Shaggy and the other Yanks, Cdog (nuf said), Al (nuf Said), the entire asian connection and the grub, having da Flea and Double D in the same room, smokin' cigars and drinkin' wiskey in 20 degree weather, Catchin' Specks with Lynus, watching Ken catch fish, watchin' Kenny catch fish, watchin' Tater catch fish, watchin' everyone catch fish and eatin' the fish.

Meet some good folks and made some life long friends, caught some fish, had a few libations and just plain had a good time.

Sooooo, I just can't stand it, packing up oldest son and his buddy and headin' for the Bucanner on Dec 6 and 7 to go Trout fishin'. If'n your in the neighborhood, stop by and say hi.

PS The above ramblings are just a small sampling of the antics from the past Bashs, please feel free to post PBs of your own.

·
Registered
8,390 Posts
So.....does that mean an impromptu meeting of the de-funct Fat [email protected]$ at the Black Pelican and hitting the surf for stripers and specs of off Siberean?

The dates are the same as the WRI/FM Striper tourney......may be a great excuse to stop by.

I think my fondest memory was the little striper competition....Think Bucket placed after I paid for his entry.....

or the A/C was grillin' the 'mystery meat'. Dee-lish...

Ya know ya don't always need 4 walls and a roof to have a good time!

·
Registered
4,011 Posts
If I learned one thing at all is to not ask for a drink of burbon,,, after that one cup everything was a bit foggy,,,, good food + good times + great folks = Priceless memories.

·
Premium Member
681 Posts
Had that weekend reserved for the Bash... when cancelled, it didn't seem appropriate to fill it in with anything else.

I do have a day meeting in Nags Head on the 11th (Thu)... don't know if I can squeeze in the weekend prior, too. A Non-Bash Bash would certainly be better than no Bash at all! Will have to see what happens...

Jim

·
Premium Member
10,102 Posts
Wilber,like dawg I'll be in the tourney along with Tater.. One good thing for you and the gang to look forward to though... Today there was a nice school of stripers off Nags Head about a mi out.... ;)

Could be a dern good nonbash as far as feesh'n goes... Good time was had by all at that thing.. Specially Tater,as he gulped down all the hotdogs... :D

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Good luck in the Striper tournament guys, hope ya'll wack'em. As things shape up here it looks like one of the intended members will not make it. Sooooo, it just may be my oldest son (25) and myself on a Trout and Striper mission, We haven't done that in a long while.

Sure did have some good (blurry) memories from the past Bashs. On my trip through life, the Bash at the Beach is a detour I'm glad I took.

See ya on the beach.

·
Premium Member
5,774 Posts
Good times. Had to stick up a few pictures from years past.

Can't make it the first week of December, but I will around toward the end of the month, bouncing between Tidewater and the Banks. Good luck on the specks.

·
Registered
4,222 Posts
Wilbur.. if we can't do it at the Ritz then do it at the beach. I missed last year event, what a mistake. This is one of the thing I look forward every December. I'll stop by and chat bash or no bash.

·
Registered
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Rollie, we are at ES40, still quite a few good sites left. Look forward to havin' a fishin' buddy on site.

Thanks for the shots SF.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts