Pier and Surf Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We fished the little pier on the base from 7-10 pm. I threw a chicken bone color bass assassin and got a 13 inch flounder and 2 grey trout. Seen some flashes in the lights but had no hook ups on the gotcha plug. My pops threw a gotcha plug the whole time and he picked up 2 grey trout and he lost his plug to a nice blue. Seen lots of croaker landed by the bottom fishermen. It was a slow night for us but we still had a good time. We might join every one at the spit tonight if it don’t rain. :D

·
Registered
145 Posts
Brandon, I have fished this pier many times, It usually produces good amounts of fish, dispite being such a short pier, usually that pier is best after dark or just before sunrise, speckeled trout also run through there, I have caught Greys up to about 2lbs. out there, There are some big flounder, I have seen alot of guys fish a speck rig very slow bouncing the bottom at the end of the pier and catch flounder one right after the other, add a small strip of squid to the rig and it is deadly, Thanks for the NOB report, I have been looking for someone to post from thier, If you get out there anymore please post, How many croakers do you think were caught? Talk to ya later. Tight lines ;) [/LIST]

·
Registered
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I went last night again and cought 6 grey trout on jigs and cought about 12 shad on gotcha plugs. Also cought a croaker on a bass assassin.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Brandon, Those Bass Assasins work pretty good. I found that a red berkley power shad with the hook tipped with squid works really well. I took a lot of big flounder and some puppy drum on that rig last year. i usually use a big jighead or a bass fishin worm hook with a large bullet sinker. I use one of my biiger bass rods with 12 or 14lb test. I like to go out there when everyone is heaving their lines way out there and catch the big flounder right next to the pier!

·
Registered
145 Posts
Fishwagon, NOB is the Norfolk Naval Base, they have a pier in the "Q" area, great fishing in the summer after dark, no fee and you can fish 24 hrs a day. With security the way it is the only way to fish it is if you have a base sticker and ID card or ride with someone who does.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts